Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cotton Club Party

Around Christmas time as a child, I’d sit near the brightly lit tree and squint my eyes slightly as to make it all a little out of focus so the lights would glimmer just a little bit more. I’d imagine I was swimming amongst these twinkling lights.

Recently, I shot a birthday party with a fun theme … imagine Harlem’s Cotton Club of the 1920’s and 30’s. In piecing the opening sequence to this video together I was trying to come up with a way to help squint your eyes so you can imagine being elsewhere. Although, I don’t typically grunge up footage the way I did with this video, I thought I’d have a little fun and help transport you to a different time.

Also, I’d love to take you into the party a little bit more but once you see who threw the party maybe you’ll understand why I have to keep it on the DL … fo shizzle.  ;)





Coordination: Andrinique Events
Sweets: Candee by Sandee
Location: The Kress Hotel
Invitations: Richie Letterpress & Design
Dessert: Christopher Garren's Let Them Eat Cake



No comments:

Post a Comment