Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MY ADVENTURE – Le Update

If you haven’t read my last post, please do. I’ll give you a couple minutes. I’ll be waiting right here ….. (hip lounge music playing in the background) … Cool! You’re back. Please proceed.


Last month, I announced a 50-mile walk (give or take a blister or two) that I’d be doing soon. It would be a combination of adventure, mini-vacation and fundraiser … of course with camera in tow.

When I first looked at my calendar to determine the best dates, late June called out to me. Maybe it was the fact that my birthday was at the end of that week and I love to go to Disneyland on my birthday. Yes, it’s true, I am 12 at heart. And what better way to end a 50-mile walkabout then to be asked, “What are you going to do now?” then to respond “I’m going to Disneyland!”

I’ve since rethought, rethunk and revised. The end of June is right in the middle of my busy season. As much as I’d love to walk at the end of June, my priority at this time of year must be my clients. And so, I’ve changed the walk from late-June to late-October … October 24th thru the 28th to be exact.

And not only will that give me more time to get into tip-top shape, I also have time to harass you for donations! Oh joy, joy! All donations will go to the Lynne Cohen Foundation for Ovarian Cancer Research. And if you don’t have a few bucks to donate, no problem … I’ll be keeping the Facebook and Twitter world abreast as to my location. So if you want to support by handing me a caffeinated beverage of some sort as I walk, you’ll be forever in my Y. Yes, I’m easy. Sue me.

To paraphrase the Taoist philosopher Lao Tzu, the journey of fifty miles begins with a single blog post.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Lao Tzu also said, "journey of fifty-mile walk can easily be completed within the boundaries of Disneyland itself."

    ReplyDelete